Official No: 121091 Port and Year: Hull, 1905
Description: Side trawler, steel; steam screw, coal burning. Crabber. Wheelhouse aft.
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmel, Beverley, 1905. (Yard no. 90)
Tonnage: 174 grt 68 net
Length / breadth / depth (feet): 108.5 / 21.6 / 11.5
Engine: T3-Cyl. 45 nhp, 9.5 knots; by Amos & Smith, Hull
1905: Hellyers Steam Fishing Co., St. Andrews Dock, Hull
4 Sep 1917: Mrs E. M. Lawford & Charles Curzon,, Docks, Milford
1920: Iago Steam Trawler Co Ltd, London & Milford.
Manager: Edward D. W. Lawford.
14 Dec 1927: Ocean Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull.
Manager: G. Altoft.
25 Oct 1935: R Walkington, Fleetwood.
Manager: Alex Keay.
Landed at Milford: 8 Jan - 17 Nov 1927
Notes: Sep1914: Requisitioned as a mine-sweeper (no FY 616) and renamed ARIEL II.
1919 Returned to owners.
1 Aug 1945: Trawled live mine off Isle of Man and delivered it to Douglas for disposal.
2 Aug1945: Sank following a collision with the 12,000-ton cargo ship BENLEDI in thick fog S by W of the Chicken Rock Light, Calf of Man. The ten crewmen abandoned the stricken trawler, were picked up by a lifeboat lowered by the BEN LEDI, and were landed in Liverpool.
[Information from "The Bosun's Watch" website.]
Back to Other Registrations A-H