Courtesy of Hull Trawler website
Official No: 106755 Port and Year: Hull, 1897 (H360)
Leith, 1922 (LH82)
Description: Steel side trawler; coal fired, steam screw. Ketch rigged.
Built: by MacKie & Thompson, Glasgow, in 1897 (Yard no. 152)
Tonnage: 165 grt 64 net
Length / breadth / depth (feet): 104.2 / 21 / 10.7
Engine: C 2-Cyl; 45 hp; by Muir & Houston, Glasgow.
1897: Great Northern Steamship Fishing Co., Hull
1914: Burnett S Massey, Hull
1917: Brand & Curzon, Docks, Milford
1920: British Trawling Co, Bootle
Manager: C. W. Pickering
1922: Thomas T. Brown, Piershill, Edinburgh
1926: R Murray & W Brown, Newhaven, Edinburgh
Manager: A Flockhart
1927 J Johnson & J Donaldson, Newhaven, Edinburgh
Manager: J Johnson
Landed at Milford: 18 Oct 1914 - 5 May 1920
Notes: 29 May 1917: Requisitioned into the Fishery Reserve
1919: Returned to owners.
30 Dec 1927 Sank off Isle of May, Firth of Forth when returning from fishing grounds. Skipper James Johnston and Crew took to the small boat and were rescued by GLENOGIL GW 8 and landed at Leith.
[Information courtesy of Fleetwood Maritime Heritage Trust and the Bosun's Watch, and Granton Trawlers website.]
Back to Other Registrations A-H