GEORGE COUSINS LO66

John Stevenson Collection

Official No:  141950   Port and Year:  Fleetwood, 1919 (FD343)

                                                               London, 1935 (LO66)

                                                               Aberdeen, 1951 (A681)

Description: Castle class steel side trawler; single screw, coal burning.  Ketch rigged

Crew:  

Built: 1919, Ailsa Shipbuilding Co., Ayr  (Yard no. 352)

Tonnage:  276 grt  122 net.

Length / breadth / depth (feet): 125  / 23.5 / 12.8

Engine: T 3-Cyl. 60 rhp; by builders

Owners:

 

27 Aug 1919: Selby Trawlers, Fleetwood
Manager: Harry Blackburn

 

c.1925: Harry Blackburn, Fleetwood.

 

As LO66

1935: Iago Steam Trawling Co., London & Fleetwood

Manager: Edward D. W. Lawford

 

Feb 1946: Haven Trawlers, (R.P. Lewis), Docks, Milford

Manager: R. Lewis

 

As FD281

13 Aug 1948: J. Marr & Son, Fleetwood.

 

As A681

5 Apr 1951:  Harrow-Baxter Steam Fishing Co., Aberdeen

 

Landed at Milford:  3 Mar 1946 - 23 Sep 1948

Skippers:

Notes: 9 Apr 1926:  In collision with Knott End ferry which managed to return to ferry dock and sank.

7 Jul1928:  At Campbeltown Sheriff Court, Sk. Thomas William Kirkby admitted a charge of illegal fishing in the Firth of Clyde and was fined 100 with forfeiture of net and 5 for not showing the fishing signal.

13 Feb1937:  Sank the Fleetwood trawler OCTAVIA (H274) in collision off Maugold Head, Isle of Man; crew rescued.

Aug 1939:  Requisitioned for war service and converted to a  minesweeper (P.No.FY.627).

July 1945:  Returned to owners.

Aug 1955: Broken up at Granton.

[Information from the Fleetwood Maritime Trust and the Bosun's Watch website.]

     

        Back to Other Registrations A-H

 

J