BOY JAMES M96
With acknowledgements to http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/
Official No: - Port Number and Year: Leith, 1950 (LH53)
Castlebay, c.1974 (CY5)
Milford, 1987 (M96)
Padstow, c.1988 (PW70)
Description: Wooden hull; ring-netter.
Crew: Registered at Milford: 1987
Built: W. Weatherheads, Cockenzie, 1950.
Tonnage: 22 grt 22 net
Length / breadth / depth (feet): 47 / - / -
As ST. CLAIRS LH53
1950: John B. Sinclair & James Sinclair, Port Seton
By 1970: John Macleod & Others, Castlebay.
By 1975: As BOY JAMES CY5
5 Jun 1987: Tarkis Fisheries, (Cmaine), Upper Hill St., Hakin.
By 31 Jul 1988: J. Fair, Fraserburgh & S.P. Porter, Padstow.
Landed at Milford:
"Boy James is berthed in Douglas, Isle of Man, as Saint Clair, sadly full of water and will, by the looks of her, never sail again."
Information kindly supplied by Mike Craine; 23rd August 2011.
Cert. Cancelled & Milford Registry Closed: c.1988
Back to Trawlers 1940-88