Official No: 165245 Port and Year: La Rochelle, 1913 (LR ?)
Aberdeen, 1936 (A435)
Description: Steel side trawler; coal fired. Ketch rigged.
Crew: 12 men
Built: by Smiths Docks Co., Middlesborough, in 1913. (Yard no. 545)
Tonnage: 258 grt 116 net
Length / breadth / depth (feet): 125.0 / 23.5 / 12.3
Engine: T 3-Cyl; 85 rhp; by builders
As LR ?
1913: Dahl et Garrigues, La Rochelle
By 1930: Oscar Dahl, La Rochelle.
1932: O. Dahl & Cie., La Rochelle.
1936: J. Mackie, 194 Market St., & A. Robertson (Jr.), Aberdeen.
Managing owner: James Mackie.
1945: Milford Fisheries, Docks, Milford.
Manager: Owen Willie Limbrick.
c.1948: William McKenzie & Sons, Aberdeen.
Landed at Milford: 21 Aug 1945 - 31 Oct 1947
Chassiron lighthouse is on a rocky cliff, located at the northern end of the island of Oléron in France.
18 Jun 1915: Requisitioned for the French navy; in the 2nd Squadron, patrolling in the Mediterranean.
8 Feb 1916: Attacked U-boats off the Albanian coast.
30 Dec 1918: Returned to owners.
Sep 1939: Requisitioned by the Admiralty as a minesweeper (P.No. FY.1857)
8 Aug 1945: Returned to owners.
At the back young Percy Harness; Jimmy McDougall with arms on life belt; far left is Morgans of Priory
John Stevenson Collection
Back to Other Registrations A-H