John Stevenson Collection

Official No:  106764     Port and Year: 39th in Hull, 1897 (H368)   

                                                                    -     -  Fleetwood, 1921 (FD372)

                                                                    -     -  Ymuiden, 1928 (IJM83)

Description: Steel side trawler; coal fired, steam screw.  Ketch rigged.

Crew: 9 men (1897).

Built: by Mackie & Thompson, Glasgow, in 1897 (Yard no. 156)

Tonnage:   165 grt 52 net (1897);  64 net (1914)

Length / breadth / depth (feet): 104.2 / 21.0 / 10.7

Engine: C 2-Cyl; 45 rhp; by Muir & Houston, Glasgow.



As H368.

10 Aug 1897: The Great Northern Steamship Fishing Co. Ltd., Hull.

Manager: James Leyman, St. Andrew's Dock, Hull. (1897-c.1902)

                      William R. Nowell, 2 Kensington Villas, Hessle Rd., Hull. (c.1903-12)

                   Fred Smith, 40 De la Pole Avenue, Hull. (1912-14)


1914: Charles Curzon, The Docks, Milford.

Managing owner.


31 Jan 1917:  Ernest Taylor, London St., Fleetwood.


As FD372

3 May 1920:  Arthur Jonckheere, Orient Buildings, Station Rd., Fleetwood.

Manager: Joseph A. Taylor.


14 May 1924: Alexander King, 10 Grampian Rd., Torry, Aberdeen. (Skipper.)

Manager: William Morley.


1 Sep 1925:  George Jackson Ward, 'The Poplars', Stanley Rd., Lytham, Lancs.

Manager: Walter Morley, 1 Preston St., Fleetwood.



Jul 1928:  N.V. Vissch. Mij. Riew., Ymuiden

Managers: Erenst & Weimar. (1928-38)

                     F. J. Erenst. (1938-39)

Landed at Milford: 18 Oct 1914 - 27 Jan 1917


Notes:  14 Oct 1899: Picked up crew of 12 of the THOR, a herring boat of Norway, in the North Sea.

["Leicester Chronicle and the Leicestershire Mercury", Saturday, 21st October 1899, p.3.]

1 Jan 1900: Went ashore on Spurn Point with her fore compartment flooded, after collision in fog with the steamer Baltzar Von Platen, of Helsingborg. ["Aberdeen Weekly Journal", Tuesday, 2nd January 1900.  The EDDYSTONE was found to have been at fault in a later enquiry.]  

29 May 1917: Requisitioned into the Fishery Reserve

1919: Returned to owners.

1939: Broken up.

[Information courtesy of Fleetwood Maritime Heritage Trust and the Bosun's Watch.]



            Back to Other Registrations A - H