John Stevenson Collection

Official No:  129283     Port Number and Year:  36th in Hull, 1910 (H131)

                                                                                44th in Aberdeen, 1935 (A393)

                                                                                   1st in Milford, 1941

                                                                                  -     in Lowestoft, 1948 (LT368)         

Description: Steel side trawler; steam screw, coal burning. Ketch rigged: mizzen sail.

Crew: 10 men (1910); 12 men (1941).

Registered at Milford: 21 Nov 1941

Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Beverley, in 1910.  (Yard no. 196)

Tonnage: 207.57 grt  82.12 net

Length / breadth / depth (feet): 112.0 / 22.5 / 12.17

Engine: T 3-Cyl. 45 nhp.10 kts.  Engine and boiler by Amos & Smith & Co., Albert Docks, Hull




6 Sep 1910: Hellyers Steam Fishing Co. Ltd., St. Andrew's Dock, Hull

Managers: Charles Hellyer.  (Same address.)


1919: Hull Northern Fishing Co. Ltd., Hull.

Manager: William R. Nowell, St. Andrew's Dock, Hull.


1929: Ocean Steam Fishing Co. Ltd., St. Andrew's Dock,  Hull.

Manager: George Altoft.  (Same address.)



11 Feb 1936: Alexander R. Buthlay (Jnr.), 84 Sinclair Rd., Aberdeen.

Managing owner.


As M147

21 Nov 1941: Fort Rona Trawlers Co. Ltd., The Docks, Milford.

Manager: Henry John Horwood, 'Harbour Walls', Pier Rd., Milford.


23 Jul 1945: United Trawlers, The Docks, Milford.

Manager: Henry John Horward, Pier Rd., Milford.


As LT368

25 Mar 1948: The Shoals Fishing Co. Ltd., Waverley Chambers, Lowestoft.

Manager: David Frederick Cartwright, 'Woodlands', Elm Tree Rd., Lowestoft.


Landed at Milford:  7 Nov 1941 - 15 Dec 1945



Pericles was a Greek statesman and patron of the arts; led the democracy of Athens from 460429 B.C.  ( )

Mary Bruce (1282 1323) was the younger sister of Robert the Bruce, King of Scots. (Wikipedia)

1917 - 1919: Requisitioned into the Fishery Reserve.

12 Jun 1945: Bought for 11,000; sold in 1948 for 8,750

Mar 1953: Broken up at Gateshead.

Cert. Cancelled & Milford Registry Closed: 25 Mar 1948.  Transferred to the port of Lowestoft.


Back to Trawlers 1940-1988