Courtesy of Ian Wilson and Andrew Jaggers: Bangor Bay and Harbour, and John B. Inchliff, Ship's Nostalgia website.
Official No: 303255 Port Number and Year: 8th in Milford, 1962 *
Description: Steel side trawler; seine nets. Single screw motor vessel, oil.
Crew: 3 men
Registered at Milford: 28 Dec 1962
Built: Worst & Dutmer, Scheepsbouwer, Meppel , Netherlands, in 1949
Tonnage: 118.03 grt 76.66 net
Length / breadth / depth (feet): 102.8 / 18.0 / 6.7
Engine: Kromhaut oil engine 120 bhp.
1962: Rederij Koppe N.V., Amsterdam.
28 Dec 1962: Roy Thomas Eynon, Angle.
[ *Not recorded in Milford Register; not listed in Olsen's 1963 - 1965. ]
23 Sep 1966: Bernard Williams & Co., Pell St., Swansea.
[ No longer used for fishing. ]
30 Jun 1969: Load Line Shipping, Bangor.
Robert Bradley, Bangor, Co. Down
Manager: James Falconer Milhench, Bangor.
Dec 1973: Scotts of Toomebridge.
Landed at Milford: 8 Jul 1962 - 10 Oct 1965
Notes: Built as a coaster.
Dec 1962: Fitted out for trawling and seining.
Jun 1969: Based at Newhaven, engaged in survey work for Brighton Marina.
Dec 1969: Returned to Bangor with cargo of dinghies ex Cowes (Capt Mike Savage).
Jan 1970: Harland & Wolff, Belfast for steel work including raising bow and plating saloon windows.
1970: Trading Irish Sea.
13 Dec1970: Last coaster to discharge at Annalong, Co. Down (road salt ex Weston Point).
1972: Last coaster to visit Portpatrick.
Sep 1973: Final trip to Castletown. Then laid up at Bangor.
Dec1973: Engaged in sand carrying on Lough Neagh.
Jan 1974: Towed from Bangor to Coleraine by trawler ROS MOR B89
Feb1974: Delivered to Lough Neagh.
1977: New wheelhouse and Gardner diesel engine fitted.
1986: Reported broken up on Lough Neagh.
Cert. Cancelled & Milford Registry Closed: 28 Dec 1971. Vessel no longer fishing.
[Information supplied by several contributors.]
Thanks to Jan Harteveld.
Back to Trawlers 1940-1988