Official No: 131932 Port and Year: 10th in Brixham, 1911 (BM313)
- in Lowestoft, 1919 (LT485; then LT543)
Description: Wooden fishing smack. Ketch rig.
Built: Robert Jackman, Breakwater Yard, Brixham, 1911
Tonnage: 52 grt 40 net
Length / breadth / depth (feet):
2 Aug 1911: John & Edward James Hellings, Hamilton Tce., Milford.
12 Jun 1919: John M. Barnard, 8 Suffolk Rd., Lowestoft (Butcher) (1919-25);
12 Trawl Market, Lowestoft. (1925-37)
& J. Slater, Somerlayton ( Farmer).
Managing owner: J. M. Barnard.
29 Oct 1919: As LT543.
9 Apr 1937: John Harold Heimer, Grundsund, Sweden.
Dec 1941: Karl Albert Johansson & Sven Osvald Johansson.
Converted to a cargo vessel.
Landed at Milford: 13 Aug 1911 - 2 Mar 1919
Deodar is a Himalayan cedar; originally deo (god) + daru (wood): "Wood of the gods".
1937: Sold to Swedish owners. Since 1959 rebuilt as a yacht after being used as a motorised trading vessel with a Deck House Cargo Hold and Hatch and cut down masts. She has been extensively re-
built and re- rigged as close as possible to her original rig as a Brixham Trawler. The Proprietors have a detailed history and many photographs of her re- building. The owners are Monica and Thomas Hellstrom Galarvarvet pir2 S 11521 Stockholm Sweden. [Information from http://www.brixhamsailingtrawlers.co.uk/]
Accidents and Incidents
Entry from the log book of DOMINION M27:
Quarter belter knocked out and rail started. Cause - ran into by DEODAR of Brixham.
J. Cornish (Skipper)
Back to Other Registrations A-H