Official No: 135746 Port Number and Year: Lowestoft, 1913
Description: Wooden side trawler, steam screw, coal burning.
Built: 1913 by J. Chambers, Lowestoft. (Yard no. -)
Tonnage: 107 grt 48 net
Length / breadth / depth (feet): 84 / 20 / 10.5
Engine: T.3-cyl; 25 hp; by Elliot & Garood, Beccles.
31 May 1913: Ritson J. Tripp, Kessingland, Suffolk.
Landed at Milford: 8 Mar - 8 May 1914; 30 Jan - 8 Aug 1915.
Skippers: O.W. Durrant
17 Aug 1915: Sunk by U-38 (Korvettenkapitän Max Valentiner) [See below.]
19 Aug 1915: Lowestoft register closed.
Accidents and Incidents
From B.T. & R. Larn (1995): Shipwreck Index of The British Isles, Vol 5:
St. George's Channel, Bardsey Island, 18 miles W x S 52.40N 05.15W
This wooden screw fishing vessel was stopped by a German submarine, her crew forced to abandon ship, after which she was sunk by gunfire.
Back to Other Registrations Q-Z