Lister Auto Truck

Courtesy of Robert Kettle

 

These trucks, known as "Listers", were used for transferring boxes of fish from the market to the railway sidings.

The first Lister Auto-truck was sold in 1926, with a 600cc engine made by J. A. Prestwich & Co.  The basic standard model sold for under 100, and in 1954 a diesel model was introduced.

Haven and Docks