Tide Out in the Docks, with
Courtesy of Robert Kettle
In November 1968, the dock gates were in dry dock for repairs, and had been temporarily replaced by a caisson. Mr Dundas Ayers was the lock keeper on watch when the caisson gate failed to seal properly, but luckily the tides were neaps. The dockmaster at the time was was Captain George Thomas and his assistant was Jimmy Phillips.
[Information kindly supplied by a former lock keeper, Mr. Tony Ayers.]
KATIE-ANN SA53, built 1921 at Lowestoft ON 145774, 53 grt, 15 net, length 61ft.
Owner: William J Garner, Swansea. Formerly SA2, and THYME R4 & LT1222
She landed at Milford on six occasions between 1965-68.
Haven and Docks