JAIME SEGUI M247
Official No: 165638 Port Number and Year: 9th in Milford, 1937
Description: Side trawler, wood, carvel built; steam screw, coal burning.
Crew: 11 men
Registered at Milford: 29 Sep 1937
Built: 1930; by Troncoso y Santo Domingo, Vigo.
Tonnage: 115.12 grt 49.7 net.
Length / breadth / depth (feet): 81.9 / 19.2 / 11.3
Engine: T 3-Cyl. 24 nhp. 10 kts. Engine and boiler: 1930, by N.U. Talleres de Valencia.
1930: Ángel Cortés Temiño, Bilbao, Spain
1936: Santiago Chausson Cuadriello, San Sebastian, Spain.
29 Sep 1937: Bristol Trawlers Ltd., The Docks, Milford.
Manager: Edward James Hellings, 5 Hamilton Tce., Milford
Nov 1939: Santiago Chausson, San Sebastian, Spain.
1943: Jesús Valera Hevià, San Sebastian, Spain.
(Lloyd's Register same owners in 1946.)
Landed at Milford: 23 Jan 1937 - 27 Nov 1938; 19 Mar - 22 Aug 1939.
4 Jan 1937: Original owner Ángel Cortés Temiño was murdered among many in Bilbao during the Spanish Civil War.
Cert. Cancelled & Milford Registry Closed: 25 Nov 1939. Sold to Spanish owners..
Accidents and Incidents
From an unknown local newspaper of c. 24th August 1939:
The crews of the Spanish pair of trawlers "Jaime Segui" and "Francisco Lorca" have, we understand, been paid off, the vessels being about to return to Spain. They have been under the management of Messrs. Hellings and Sons for some considerable time.
Back to Trawlers 1915-1939